Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Shuang Cheng

Shuang Cheng Restaurant
1320 4th St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
(612) 378-0208



I've heard some claim that Shuang Cheng has some of the best Chinese food in the Twin Cities. I would rate it highly, with the comments that it has strength's and weaknesses. One of their strengths is their fried rice. If you are a fried rice fan, you will not be disappointed. After the first bite, you will think about the taste in your mouth and remember it as an old friend who comforts a weary heart.

Some foods really are comfort foods, aren't they? I used to feel that way about the oyster wings at Lee Anne Chin. If I ever felt down, an order of oyster wings could take me to a happy place indeed.

The prices at Shuang Cheng are average for local Chinese restaurants. The menu has a lot of variety. I had the Moo Shu Pork.

The atmosphere is a no frills environment. If you go there, you're either going for the food or for its proximity to something else. It's not romantic, and you'll notice the conversation of your table neighbors.

Go early if you can. Sometimes a line forms and people wait for seating. The only place for them to wait is right in the customer area where you're eating; so, if you have an outside table, someone may be peering over your shoulder waiting to take your table.

Like I said- Pluses and minuses. Over all, the great food at an average price will win you over. For parking, you might get lucky and get to park on the street. Otherwise, I recommend the lot right around the corner that charges like $2 for the evening. Below is where I parked my Sebring.

No comments: